Choose the level of support that works for you
Our children need different levels of support. so do we.
Choose the level that's right for you.
The Sanity-Saving School admissions checklist™
You're a DIYer. You have time and a general sense of what to do, but you'd love a checklist to make sure you don't miss anything.
The Sanity-Saving School Admissions Checklist™includes:
- a month-to-month checklist of critical steps you should take before and during school admissions season, which runs from July through March;
- the School Tracking Template, a downloadable Excel document where you can keep track of the most important information about each of the schools you're considering, which is invaluable when it's time to rank your options; and
- the Navigating School Admissions-Student Edition, which helps you engage your son or daughter in the decision-making process.
Path to success Online Course
You're a quick study who likes to learn by reading and processing on your own. Maybe you want to walk through this process with your partner, who has a busy work schedule. Going through an online course together at your own pace is the easier than trying to coordinate a meeting and arrange for a sitter.
Here's an outline of the online course:
- Module 1 provides an overview of Houston schools. You'll understand the differences and similarities between public and private options, how each of those sectors approach admissions, and why parents gravitate to some and not others.
- Module 2 focuses on the most critical step of choosing the right school: clarifying your child's strengths, challenges and learning tendencies along with your vision of what you want to be true about your child's school experience. This module will help you know with absolute clarity the three most important identifiers of the best school for your son or daughter.
- Module 3 will walk you through the tool I use to assess schools for fit. You'll have access to
- my Parent-Friendly School Observation Rubric, which outlines the 4 critical areas to pay attention to when you visit schools and offers a list of questions you should ask on every school visit;
- my Student Observation Tool* to help students focus on the most important things during a school visit; and
- the School Tracking Template, a downloadable Excel document where you can keep track of the most important information about each of the schools you're considering, which is invaluable when it's time to rank your options.
- Module 4 is all about managing the application process so you put together your best case for why your child is a great fit candidate.
- The course is accompanied by a printable workbook for tracking your process.
*The Student Observation Tool is appropriate for students entering middle school and beyond.
You want to know that you have been thorough and have turned over every rock, asked the right questions, and explored every option to find the right school for your child. You'll feel better knowing you had someone helping you make this very important decision.
With personalized support, you can expect:
- Individual Family Consult: I'll spend time getting to know you. There's nothing more important in this process than understanding who you are and what you are and what you are not looking for in a school.
- Profile: I'll use the information gathered from the Family Consult to provide you with a list of potential fit schools. This list will include everything you need to know to engage with the schools: application deadlines, open house dates, rationale for why the school made the list and hyperlinks to everything. This will be your go-to file for all things admissions!
- Email Reminders: Once we walk through the Profile, and you choose the schools to which you want to apply, we'll send you email reminders to make sure you never miss an important deadline.
- Ongoing Support: Call me. Text me. Email me. I know that worrying about our kids isn't something that only happens during set business hours.
- Peace of Mind: You'll know that you have been thorough and committed to turning over every rock, exploring every option to find the right school for your child.